IS BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRESIDENCY?

Article II, Section 1, Paragraph 5 of The Constitution

“No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at
the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office
of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not
have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a
Resident within the United States. “

This was never an issue until the 1950s.  Some questioned if Dwight D.
Eisenhower was eligible for the office given that for the World War II he
actually lived in Europe.  I do not think it was ever decided in the courts nor
how greatly the issue was pressed but, personally, I believe that Eisenhower
was eligible since he was in the military service of the United States of
America and I seriously doubt whether he ever declared Britain or Europe to be
his residency.

The question arose again in 1964 as to whether Barry Goldwater was eligible for
the office.  He was born in 1909, three years before Arizona was admitted to
the Union.   From the wording of the provision, I reluctantly have concluded
that Goldwater was, in fact , not eligible for the office.   I do not recall
any specific legal decisions at the time  but any question became moot when he
was soundly defeated for election in 1964.

In 1968, Gov. George Romney of Michigan was the early frontrunner for the
Republican presidential nomination but he was born of American Mormon
missionaries in Mexico and his eligibility was questioned.  The question that
time also was rendered moot after a series of gaffes cost him any chance and by
the convention, he was an after thought.  My personal thought was that he also
was definitely ineligible because at least Goldwater was born in a territory
land that became a state, just as every president until Martin van Buren.

All of this could have been settled by a simple act of Congress.  Congress
could have declared eligible anyone born of American parents who are overseas
because of government service.  This has been done for military families and
children of diplomats.  Congress could have extended the eligibility to
children born in incorporated territories. The issue of George Romney is very
vexing since he was not there due to parental governmental obligations.

Things like this have arisen under other circumstances.  In northern Maine
there are no hospitals and many parents have gone across the border to have
their children in Canadian hospitals.  I believe that Congress has passed
legislation declaring them eligible.

This question is now raised being over Barack Hussein Obama.  Officially, he
was born in Hawaii when it was a state however, the birth certificate’s
authenticity is under challenge.  A lawsuit filed by Philadelphia attorney
Philip J. Beg asserts that he was actually born in Kenya and is therefore
ineligible for the presidency.  Berg states that the records of the hospital in
Kenya can be subpoenaed for corroboration.  If he was born in Kenya, I don’t
think there is any way he can be eligible since neither of his parents was in
government service of any kind. Berg also raises the question of dual
citizenship as reflected in his school records from Indonesia.  I think is that
is minor, though.

Stay tuned folks.  This one could be big.

http://www.americasright.com/2008/08/obama-sued-in-philadelphia-federal.html

Roderick T. Beaman,D.O.
Board Certified Family Physician
When government does other than its legitimate function, it enters into the
illegitimate and becomes an agent of evil.  The true patriot recognizes this
and strives to obstruct government in these immoral and indefensible activities
and even reverse them.  In this, the patriot endeavors to save himself, his
country and the government.