From: Jim <bottomlinejim2...@gmail.com>
To: LibertarianExchange@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wed, October 28, 2009 9:07:45 PM
Subject: [LibertarianExchange] Re: An article

Rarely do I respond to posts here, I am mainly just observing and learning.
But...this post deserves a response from a progressive.

Jessie and Al always think they are the victims. They remain part of the
problem instead of being part of the solution. There are many like them...I'm
not sure if it is left-over anger from the civil rights era or if they are
actually trying to gin up some anger by playing the victim, but their
bitterness is always there.

Maybe it's nostalgia for the "good ole days" of anger spilling out in the
streets, but it is certainly not helpful. I cannot express how discontented I
am with people like this...especially when I hear someone call them
"progressive. " They are not progressive, they are left of the left liberals.

If you push them on their opinions a little, you will probably find out that
they still believe reparations are owed. I think that Affirmative Action has
provided adequate reparation. I believe that Affirmative Action actually gave
many, many, minorities a hand up at just the right time in our history. But it
has probably served its purpose and should be reviewed - just like all programs
should be periodically reviewed to determine their relevance.

Jessie and Al, et al, grabbed on to the liberal horn 4 decades ago and they
absolutely refuse to let go...the bull is shaking his head trying to get them
off but it only gets worse for them. Many, many liberals are now calling
themselves "progressive" when they really do not know what they are talking
about. I have been calling myself "progressive" since about 1984.

We believe in letting go of the horns and finding a away to go between the
horns...we are not marxist, communist, redistributers, or any thing like that.
As a small business owner, I can safely say that I am a capitalist. I used some
of my capital (savings) and invested it in the hopes that it will
grow...therefore, capitalist.

But I also believe in rules...some of those rules restrict what I can do (I
don't like these rules) and others protect my investments (I like these rules).
Sometimes it is hard for me to find that balance but equilibrium is always what
I shoot for. Many times I am wrong, many times I am right. But I always strive
to go between the horns of this dilemma.

I am the first to admit when I am wrong. But Jessie and Al can never do
this...they are so stuck in their anger and they are always trying to find some
kind of "injustice" to complain about. But that's all they do, complain,
complain, complain, without offering any solutions - except for more rules and
regulation. Always the victim and always because they are black. Hey,
dumb-asses come in all flavors.

Many of my so-called "progressive" colleagues frequently refer to Rush as a
racist. I am not ready to place that label on him. I don't know what racism is
because I have never been a victim of racism. I do have fun on my show using
satire but not once have I ever called Rush a racist. Doing this only serves to
further divide. Calling people "racist" without any real hard evidence is only
contributing to the problem - those friends of mine are still stuck in the
problem instead of living in the solution. I try to point this out to them in
the hopes they will understand how divisive and horrible their words can be.

I can go back in history and find many examples of many different people with
different ideologies (some I agree with, some I don't) calling themselves
"progressive. " But in my opinion (which has been my opinion since the mid
1980s), progressive means going through the horns of dilemmas as they come up
and working together for solutions. not every one will always be happy with the
solutions in any system or political party or ideology, but working to take the
good with the bad maintains necessary equilibrium for a vibrant, educated
society.

--- In LibertarianExchange @yahoogroups. com, "Roderick T. Beaman"