Hi,

Marc Lehmann wrote:
If you are unclear on what aliasing itself means, I can write a short
paragraph to explain...

(the iso c documents ae not that hard to read, though, imho, with the
exception of structure member aliasing).

I've had the same discussion before, but just pulled my claim as Marc was involved in gcc development, and I did not feel I could make a point.

I've had the same problems, -Wall -Werror, as I consider the compiler my friend and if he wants to tell me something it usually pays of when I'm listening to him.

But, I totally understand if Marc says "it is not a libev bug", and rejects to add casts to proper code - to fix compiler misbehavior.

Therefore I'd be glad to get more information on the topic.
Thanks for the offer.

Markus