On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 12:41:44PM +0200, Zsbán Ambrus <amb...@math.bme.hu>
wrote:
> In that case, could you also tell us about those kqueue bugs?  Besides
> kqueue working only on sockets and not providing a way for inode
> notifications,

it probably does provide inode notifications, and even if not, that
wouldn't be a bug. at least I have no indication that file event
notifications don't work as documented.

> I have tried to look at the ev documentation but it also doesn't seem to
> tell any more details.

kqueue is not the only minefield on os x - for example, they replaced gcc
by an antique and totally broken clang version, after being pressured to
release gcc sources as they would have to do by the license. this affected
and affects libev, EV and other projects a lot. The libc is beyond broken
w.r.t. to multibyte functions, even in security-relevant ways (overflows when
parsing partial multibyte characters) etc. etc.

poll has also been mentioned, which has been broken in 10.6 or 10.7 or so.

If you are interested in this topic, use google, not this list. apple did
enough damage already, the problems are widely documented, and any minute
I waste more on this causes mroe damage.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de