On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 09:20:50AM +0200, SF Markus Elfring
<elfr...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> How do you think about information from an article like "Signal-Safe Locks"?
> http://locklessinc.com/articles/signalsafe_locks/

According to the article, it's not applicable to libev and also doesn't
work with threads. It also contains a lot of assembly, which isn't exactly
strictly conforming, is it? Neither is the self-pipe trick nor SIG31-C
btw. - I am not sure what your motivation is at this point.

Did you read the article yourself? If not, why tell me to look at
it? If you did read it, why tell me to look at it when it's clearly not
applicable to libev?

Does all this lead anywhere? Have you studied what libev does by now? Do
you agree that libev does not need any fixing by now, or alternatively did
you find evidence for your previous claims?

By now, I don't have the feeling that the disucssion with you will result
in anything but a major waste of time. Certainly nothing useful seems to
come out of you.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schm...@schmorp.de