On 12/11/06, Toby Douglass <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ah.  Go look at socket_iocp_add_socket().  You'll find the very first
call to socket_internal_iocp_read() occurs at the end of *that*
function, which gets the read ball rolling.

Yeah, you're right! I  didn't  pay attention to the prior
socket_internal_iocp_read.

Ye-e-e-s-s...and no.  I think I understand you to mean that we could,
for example, arrange it so we have 2xCPU threads running GQCS and when
one of those threads returns with a complete, we trigger or signal the
main event loop thread?  the problem with that surely is going to be the
large amount of thread switching.

You may check out this paper:Multiprocessor Support for Event-Driven
Programs. <www.scs.cs.nyu.edu/%7Edm/papers/zeldovich:async-mp.pdf>
<www.scs.cs.nyu.edu/%7Edm/papers/zeldovich:async-mp.pdf>

best regards,
hanzhu