Hi, all.  There's been a recent exchange on the Tor development list
about the intersection of signals with pthreads with libevent.  Both
posts are (I hope) concise, so I'll link to them here:
  http://archives.seul.org/or/dev/Feb-2007/msg00028.html
  http://archives.seul.org/or/dev/Feb-2007/msg00030.html

In summary: when pthreads are in use, it's wrong to call
sigprocmask(), and right to call its identical cousin,
pthread_sigmask().  This isn't just a cosmetic issue; it can cause
real bugs with signal delivery.  Right now, libevent only calls
sigprocmask.  It would be good if there were some way to tell
libevent, "I'm going to use pthreads; use pthread_sigmask() instead of
sigprocmask()."  I don't know what that interface should be, but the
corresponding code should be pretty simple to write.

yrs,
--
Nick Mathewson