William Ahern wrote:
I admittedly don't no anything about IOCP. What I do no is that it doesn't
make sense to use any other function call then send() or sendto() to write
out UDP data. So whatever API your writing around IOCP, it should
short-circuit for UDP writes; just call send() to sendto().

But, that's all I'll say for now, since eventually I'm just going to look
foolish for my lack of IOCP knowledge.

Well, I think here in lack of knowledge has led you to point out something that I simply hadn't thought of because I've been thinking about everything in terms of IOCP.