Adrian Chadd wrote:
about various directions 2.0 can go in (in the context of doing
sensible async IO that will scale under both windows and unix,
given their differences of opinion in APIs :) but Nick's design
That would be splendid. The only API I've found that is at what I'd consider 'the right level' so far is the Twisted one - while its reactor *implementations* have the familiar approach the external interface to reactors that is used by the protocol
handlers and timer handlers is based on the completion of requested actions.
Its perhaps a bit odd that they chose to call it 'reactor'. It does, however, offer the possibility of working with a variety of aio mechanisms under the hood with
the same API.

James