I ended up adding the a call to the mesh constructor in the RBEIMEvaluation
constructor with “comm” as the argument.

Not sure if this would be the correct communicator to pass. Maybe David could
comment.

-Manav

  RBEIMEvaluation::RBEIMEvaluation(const libMesh::Parallel::Communicator &comm)
  :
    RBEvaluation(comm),
    extra_interpolation_point_elem(NULL),
    _previous_N(0),
    _previous_error_bound(-1),
  _interpolation_points_mesh(comm)
{
  // Indicate that we need to compute the RB
  // inner product matrix in this case
  compute_RB_inner_product = true;

  // initialize to the empty RBThetaExpansion object
  set_rb_theta_expansion(_empty_rb_theta_expansion);

  // Let's not renumber the _interpolation_points_mesh
  _interpolation_points_mesh.allow_renumbering(false);
}