Hello,

I updated my workstation to Ubuntu 10.04 and libMesh now fails to compile.
I'm getting the following error while compiling the latest revision of a
fresh libmesh clone:

(...)
CXXLD    meshid-opt
/usr/bin/ld: src/apps/meshid_opt-meshid.o: undefined reference to symbol
'nc_close'
//mnt/DATA/dana/software/libmesh_build/opt_real/contrib/netcdf/v4/liblib/.libs/libnetcdf.so.7:
error adding symbols: DSO missing from command line
make[1]: *** [meshid-opt] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mnt/DATA/dana/software/libmesh_build/opt_real'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

The libnetcdf package is not installed on my system and I'm doing an
out-of-tree build. Here's my configure line:

/mnt/DATA/dana/software/libmesh-src/configure --enable-everything
--enable-slepc --with-metis=PETSc --with-subdomain-id-bytes=4
--with-boundary-id-bytes=4 --prefix=/mnt/DATA/dana/software/libmesh_install
--with-methods=opt --enable-shared

The new version of GCC that was installed is the following: gcc (Ubuntu
4.8.2-19ubuntu1) 4.8.2

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dana