> You miss the surely obvious ironic intent.

I did miss the irony. Perhaps a better way of phrasing
the press release would be the following:

"Perhaps in these racism-aware times, someone should initiate
the prosecution of Mr MacShane for his anti-English
views. Then he could be sentenced to two custard pies
in the face."

> Moreover, witch-hunts end when the witch-hunters are themselves
> witch-hunted.

It is good to see Mr MacShane be called to book for his wrong
ideas. It is too easy to see all the Euroskeptics as anti-French
or what you have.

I am Euroskeptic because I do not see the benefit of large
European government. This does not make me unappreciative
of the book The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandres Dumas,
a French author.

Regards
Tim

Crusade - Ruling from the Tomb
Gideon: It's a code word. It's part of the
  investigation.