Good evening Dave!

Dave Laird wrote to Jay P. Hailey...

Jay P. Hailey wrote:
> > I heard this figure as casualties,  which includes dead, maimed, crippled
> > for life and "merely Injured"
> >
> > I wonder where the Iraq war memorial will be?

To which, you replied:
> Why, I thought someone had told you, Jay. It's planned to be on Bush's
> Texas ranch close enough so he can occasionally go and pose for pictures
> as our great war leader. The conservative's reasoning is there are simply
> too many memorials of various kinds in Washington, D.C. so they should
> expand the playing field a little. Maybe if we ask REALLY nicely they
> might even consider a statue of John Asscroft as our national
> anti-terrorist.

Asscroft would obviously be a fitting example of the direction
that US foreign policy has finally evolved to under the Shrub
Regime<tm>, and in this I agree, there is no better place to
errect such a monument than on the Shrub's Texas Ranch.  For
ribbon-cutting ceremonies, none other than Vladimir Putin ought
to be invited to the ranch again, to officiate the ceremonies!

After all, Vlad's meddling in the political affairs of the
Ukraine should remind any casual American interested at all in
international affairs, of what exactly we seem to be doing, as we
have done, whenever given the opportunity to do so, over the last
five decades!

Maybe that's why the international press corps seemed to strike a
chord between the simularies of 'The Shrub' with that of Vladimir
Putin during Vlad's last visit to the Texas Ranch!

Kindest regards,
Frank