Good evening, Frank...

Frank Reichert wrote:

> Dave Laird wrote to everyone...
>
>> However, in looking around me at friends, family and acquaintances, I am
>> seeing that I am not alone, for others are realizing pretty much the same
>> impacts on their lives as I am feeling. Who has time for the mystery of
>> Christmas, or the time to explore its subtle meanings for us all? Who has
>> time to stand for hours in front of K-Mart interviewing people who have
>> just punched out their credit cards to buy expensive gifts for people
>> they don't even like? In short, people have less time than ever for the
>> true meaning of Christmas, but try to make up for their losses with
>> artificial sentiments, largesse and high-volume spending. That is a poor
>> set of substitutions, in my mind, but one that nearly everyone
>> acknowledges as being economic "progress".

> So, maybe the story in the paragraph you told of individuals
> standing in long lines at K-Mart to purchase something for
> someone they don't even like, may have a lot more to do with
> Christmas than you might think!

My point exactly. The people buying stuff at K-Mart for people they don't
even like IS the meaning of Christmas, in just the way you described.
Remember the allusion we both saw, for this year, it is one of the many
stories of Christmas. I think you'll like the story...

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot

 Fortune Random Thought For the Minute
Respect is a rational process
                -- McCoy, "The Galileo Seven", stardate 2822.3