"Jay P Hailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> kindly posted a piece by Anthony
Gregory, including:

>Why is the US maintaining an occupation of the Iraqi people that 98% of
them
>do not consider one of liberation?

According to what poll?

> And why does the US continue to feed
>young American men and women into the meat grinder, killing thousands of
>civilians, and evacuating cities filled with innocent people?

Because "US" is Uncle Sucker.

>The liberventionists who want to have it both ways - who think that
>sacrificing American lives will bring freedom to people abroad, and yet
>killing innocents abroad will save American lives

I don't know that it WILL as a general rule, but I think that it CAN if
done right.  I think USAn intervention in Nicaragua 20 years ago turned out
to be a good deal for liberty worldwide.  Cleaning out Saddam (and rattling
the saber in the general area) was good too, although sitting in Iraq for a
long time is not.

In Your Sly Tribe,
Robert