Good morning, everyone...

As in the previous eleven years of The Used Kharma Lot, it is my tradition
that I take time away from things on Christmas Eve to remember the true
meaning of Christmas. Altogether too often it is contemporary that we get
caught up in the Christmas buying frenzy, or perhaps the retelling of the
legend of Santa Claus to our kids. However, for me and mine, each Christmas
Eve since 1989 I love to tell the true story of Christmas, at least as we
have it recorded for us in the Books of the Bible.

I proudly present this story again this year, in the hopes that you will
take the time to read the Christmas Story yourself, especially to your
children. Then I only ask that you join me in a quiet celebration of the
universal meaning of love at Christmas time, and that you remember the
true meaning of Christmas.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the only true star of Christmas, in a
story that has withstood the test of time for us all, Emmanuel, which
translates from the Aramaic to mean, Christ with us.

Luke, the Second Chapter, verses 1-20 from the New American Standard
Edition of the Holy Bible:

1 Now it came about in those days that a decree went out from Caesar
Augustus, that a census be taken of all the inhabited earth. 2 This was
the first census taken while Quirinius was governor of Syria. 3 And all
were proceeding to register for the census, everyone to his own city. 4
And Joseph also went up from Galilee, from the city of Nazareth, to Judea,
to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the
house and family of David, 5 in order to register, along with Mary, who
was engaged to him, and was with child. 6 And it came about that while
they were there, the days were completed for her to give birth. 8 And she
gave birth to her first-born son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid
Him in a manger because there was no room for them in the inn. 8 And in
the same region there were some shepherds staying out in the fields, and
keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And an angel of the Lord
suddenly stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them;
and they were terribly frightened. 10 And the angel said to them, "Do not
be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of a great joy which shall be
for all the people; 11 for today in the city of David there has been born
for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. 12 And this will be a sign for
you: you will find a baby wrapped in cloths, and lying in a manger." 13
And suddenly there appeared with the angel a multitude of the heavenly
host praising God, and saying, 14 "Glory to God in the highest, And on
earth peace among men with whom He is pleased." 15 And it came about when
the angels had gone away from them into heaven, that the shepherds began
saying to one another, "Let us go straight to Bethlehem then, and see this
thing that has happened which the Lord has made known to us." 16 And they
came in haste and found their way to Mary and Joseph, and the baby as He
lay in the manger. 17 And when they had seen this, they made known the
statement which had been told them about this Child. 18 And all who heard
it wondered at the things which were told them by the shepherds. 19 But
Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart. 20 And
the shepherds went back, glorifying and praising God for all that they had
heard and seen, just as had been told them.

May the peace of this story, and of the birth of the Christ child find a
place in your hearts, as in mine, always. Merry Christmas and may God bless
us all.

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot

 Fortune Random Thought For the Minute
Paradise is exactly like where you are right now ... only much, much better.
                -- Laurie Anderson