gw

From: Dave Laird [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Good morning, Bill...

Bill Anderson wrote:

> Unified Membership Plan
>
> Basically, the LP's version of income taxes. All membership money was
> sent to National and then a portion was doled back out to the state
> affiliates.

Fascinating. You mean if I were feeling flush and, under the old system,
donated money to the Idaho State Libertarian Party, it would have been
forwarded on to the National headquarters before being allowed to filter
back to needy local causes?

Okay, so absent of the revenue chain of UMP, how does the National
Libertarian Party purpose to support themselves? Mind you, the vision of
NLP members standing on the various street corners with begging signs
hadn't really crossed my mind, although I think it would be pretty cool to
see the Democratic and Republican parties following suit. The mere thought
of seeing Republican Party Fat Cat members standing on the street corner
in their wing tip shoes and $4500 suits begging for money falls within my
somewhat bent sense of Universal Justice, and I probably would join
thousands of others in shelling them with rotten fruit, if the
circumstances presented themselves.

Of course, given the fires burning up the landscape in parts of
Washington, Idaho and Montana this morning, if we don't get a break in the
weather pretty soon, there may be others standing on the corners in the
near future, as there are several farmers who are feeling the brunt of the
high gas prices, only to watch their farmland burn.

Dave
--
Dave Laird ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
The Used Kharma Lot / The Phoenix Project

An automatic & random thought For the Minute:
I thought there was something fishy about the butler.  Probably a Pisces,
working for scale.
                -- Firesign Theatre, "The Further Adventures of Nick Danger"