Hello again Mr. Laird

I am surprised at your assumptions here, Mr. Laird, as if you expected anything
much to have been significantly different. I am wondering just why you might
suggest the government acted in a manner that is inconsistent with the manner
in which government acts on a usual basis, that is, based upon the character of
government itself.

I would like to hear from you privately on this, if you don't mind, as well as
any comments you may wish to share here on Liberty Northwest.

Dave Laird  [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I submit there has to be a safe middle-ground in the dialogues about the
federalized troops forcibly evicting people from their homes in the Deep
South.

I apologize to you first, since I haven't been following this sub for a while,
and secondly, I expected more out of you than simply this.  What do you expect
a 'government' force to do, anyway?  Any Libertarian should know that
'government' is all about force.  Government = Force.  George Washington
certain knew as much, and said so.

 Doing so, I believe, is TYRANNY. I believe that word is specifically
 mentioned as one of the reasons our country was founded. FEMA and the City
 of New Orleans need to get their priorities straight, as usual, but that
 is purely my opinion.
 Your thoughts may differ...

My thoughts, and anyone else here who claims to be posting on a Libertarian
sub, as a Libertarian, ought to differ here, and say so.  Every single
government agency... read my lips... every single government agency is governed
by 'force', FEMA included.

By contrast, every other source of relief going into the US South, Gulf Coast,
region, was a private entity, such as the American Red Cross, Catholic and
Lutheran Relief, and as such were countless others that were not governed by
force, but rather perhaps compassion or other motives.

Why people like you complain about how a 'government' tends to exert itself by
forceful means perplexes me a great deal, since I don't see how anyone with an
IQ over 70 could expect any government to do anything much differently, that
is, in a non-forceful manner.

I didn't get a PHD for nothing, David.  At least my IQ is somewhat above the
above criteria I might submit.  I believed yours might have been as well.

Dr. E. Douglas Sheets