Robet Goodman wrote:
> What'd Ron Paul & Jimmy Carter do or say that leads you to believe they're>
> anti-semitic?
A number of statements Ron Paul has made over the years have convinced me of
this. I do not have any of them readily available. They related not merely to
Israel, but also to the two Gulf Wars.

As for Jimmy Carter, his entire presidency was one of hostility to Israel based
on religion. He was quoted as saying he favored the Arab countries because they
were religious, while expressing hostility towards Israel at every turn.
Accounts of the Camp David meetings show his favoritism towards Sadat and
hostility towards Begin that cannot be explained as a mere personal reaction.
In addition, Mamzer Carter's latest book, simply by comparing Israel to South
Africa under the National Party makes clear what he thinks of Israel, though
the text gets much worse, basically excusing every act of terrorism by the
Palestinians. This is consistent with his actions, policies, and statements as
president.

And while one can't hold Jimmy responsible for what his brother Billy said,
Jimmy's disavowal of Billy's "The Jews can kiss my ass" comment back in 1978
was rather tepid, as was noted at the time. ("I love my brother, but I don't
necessarily share all of his opinions.") While it is certainly true that family
members do not think alike, Billy's comments are suggestive of the environment
and lacking evidence to the contrary, support the idea of Jimmy Carter being an
anti-Semite like his brother.

In other cases where family members differ on something like anti-Semitism,
there is usually some kind of overt sign by the non-anti-Semite to demonstrate
this. For example, Vanessa Redgrave of the infamous pro-PLO Oscar speech vs.
sister Lynn, who at one point was married to a Jew and was involved in
pro-Israel causes. Arnold Schwarzenegger, whose father was a minor Nazi
official, has given money for decades to the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

Jimmy Carter has always been hostile to Israel. In my experience, hostility to
Israel always has anti-Semitism at its base. In my opinion, it cannot be
otherwise. It is certainly possible to criticize individual policies of the
Israeli govt. without being anti-Semitic (I do that), but to be hostile to the
existence of the state of Israel, means one is hostile to the Jewish people,
i.e., an anti-Semite.

Doug