https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173522

            Bug ID: 173522
           Summary: Customize - Keyboard - Functions that have multiple
                    instances
           Product: LibreOffice
           Version: 26.2.2.2 release
          Hardware: All
                OS: Linux (All)
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: medium
         Component: Calc
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]

Description:
I apologize if the following information mentioned is already expected
behavior.  Keep in mind that I am just trying to help point out something that
I am viewing as kind of confusing behavior and maybe could help simplify things
for other users as well.

In
Customize - Keyboard (section)
I will use Calc for example
To me, in the "Functions" pane at bottom, there seems to be a lot of double
instances / similar functions with same names / similar functions with
different names.
I imagine that some are expected, but I feel maybe could be helpful to update
some names / remove any double entries (if they are truly doubles) to make
things simpler for users.

Here are examples of some items I have found, if anyone is willing to take a
look at them.
Also please report any others that you come across as well.

----------------------------------------------------

"To Next Sheet"
"To Previous Sheet"
For me, shows 2 entries for each of these

----------------------------------------------------

"Tab Color"
"Sheet Tab Color"
Seems to perform the same action.
If they are doubles, would probably remove the
"Tab Color"
item because the "Sheet" prefix is helpful for keyword searches of hotkeys that
are "Sheet Tab" based.

----------------------------------------------------

(I know some of these have different functionality/show different
"uno"commands, but not sure if any are doubles / any could be more clearly
named to be easier for users to understand.

CENTER
In filter type keyword "center"
I see
"Align Center" (1 entry)
"Center" (3 entries)
"Center Vertically"
"Centered" (2 entries)

Some in the hover labels show "Horizontally" description
but the naming used for the actual functions do not show this.
Which is strange because
"Center Vertically"
does show "vertically"

----------------------------------------------------

I will stop here for now.
If anyone is willing to verify / look into these, please share results found.

Thank you to anyone who reads this

Actual Results:


Expected Results:



Reproducible: Always


User Profile Reset: No

Additional Info:

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to