https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173658

            Bug ID: 173658
           Summary: Upgraded to 26.8.0.3, and my Writer toolbar turned
                    blue
           Product: LibreOffice
           Version: 26.8.0.3 release
          Hardware: x86-64 (AMD64)
                OS: Windows (All)
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: trivial
          Priority: medium
         Component: Writer
          Assignee: [email protected]
          Reporter: [email protected]

Description:
Recently, I upgraded to the latest Windows desktop edition of LibreOffice
(Version: 26.8.0.3 X86_64, Build ID: bce0998afefdbc355585ca324285661a2170ba77,
CPU threads: 6; OS: Windows 10 X86_64 build 19045, en-US), and … my Writer
toolbar turned blue.

I like blue, but the blue tinting made several of the icons impossible to read.
LibreOffice's icon design isn't the greatest to begin with, and this coloration
made it so much worse.

I tried finding a fix in the Tools > Options menu, but there didn't seem to be
one. When I click on the Help button I get documentation for version 24.8,
which tells me of a Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Application Colors command
that no longer exists. Tools > Options > LibreOffice > Appearance lets me
customize colors of many elements, but the toolbar isn't one of them—plus, this
happened only in Writer, not in Calc.

Steps to Reproduce:
1. Have previous version of LibreOffice
2. Upgrade to version 26.8.0.3
3. Run Writer
4. Experience disappointment, confusion and frustration


Actual Results:
Writer toolbar turned blue

Expected Results:
Writer toolbar should not have changed color at all


Reproducible: Didn't try


User Profile Reset: No

Additional Info:
A Reddit user recommended that I do the following:

"You can disable it by going to: Tools ➜ Options ➜ LibreOffice ➜ Advanced ➜
Open Expert Configuration. … Look for NotebookbarColorTransparency. The default
value is 150. Modify it to 255, restart the app."

I did this, and it resolved the problem. But why change the toolbar color at
all, and why is the fix so obscure?

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to