https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=173725

--- Comment #8 from Eyal Rozenberg <[email protected]> ---
(In reply to Werner Tietz from comment #6)

Ok, in that case, let me explain why I dismissed that as a non-serious
solution:

1. The user does not need to create and/or designate special folders in order
to enable macros in a particular document. Those two actions are quite
independent of each other.
2. The location of a document is typically determined by factors other than
macro execution, and even if it were somehow legitimate to only allow enabling
macros in certain folders, that requirement is of less legitimacy that the
user's organization of their documents.
3. Actions required due by restrictions internal to an applications, to result
in different behavior of an application, should generally be possible to
perform within that application, without needing to resort to external actions.
4. The user will likely not be aware that this is the action the application
"expects" them to take in order to enable macros. And if we get to the point
where LO is literally telling the user "move your file to a trusted folder
etc." - then this problem is transformed in a UI taboo (of sorts), which is
frustrating the user's known desire: The app knows the user wants X to happen,
and instead of doing X, it indicates "I know you want to do X, I'm just not
willing to do X for you".

> ( btw. I did search for some option to switch macro-execution-mode
> specifically for one file regardless where the file is stored! - Did YOU
> also? )

For the purposes of this bug, let's say I did not - because the user should not
have to.

But in fact, I did search, and:

* This is not available as a command under Tools > Macros. 
* This is not available under Tools > Options > Security > Macro Security. 
* This is not available under File > Properties > Security.

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

Reply via email to