Michael Meeks wrote (12-12-12 22:24)

        They sounded correct to me. It is notable that last I tried eg. google
docs it did exactly this too - retaining the cached results of formulae,
and the textual representation of them: far in excess of the set of
formulae it was able to actually calculate ;-) that gives a pleasing
result on first load, followed by ...

Glad that Calc does all correct except the real corner cases.

        In general, we're talking (hopefully) smallish differences in
calculation result for the vast majority of cases I think - and I think
it's an excellent idea not to calculate on load:
at least until our re-calculate time is ~instant.

Oops - reading my other mails, I might tend towards preferring this behaviour to be persistent.

Thanks,
Cor

--
 - Cor