Hmm, so looks like there is an issue with gerrit project's implementation of
openid4java and StackExchanges OpenID (also using openid4java).

Looks like StackExchange is serving OpenID AX attribute type/value pair
exchanges to a namespace alias "alias3" rather than the OpenID prototypical
alias "ax" and the the gerrit implementation of OpenID --openid4java-- is
unable to or is not configured to parse the attributes.

I don't know if that is configurable in the LO instance of gerrit, or must
be patched upstream but as it is now don't think we can use a StackExchange
OpenID to replace expiring Google instance.

A shame...

=-ref-=
http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/106922/stackexchange-openid-parameter-for-email-should-be-openid-ax-value-email
http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/142383/stackexchange-openid-provider-not-returning-the-email