On 11/11/11 16:30, August Sodora wrote:
There are a couple problems as you mention with this patch, however I do>  think that
this is *really* useful land certainly something that I would have>  liked to see at
times. However sometimes I think the line numbers can just>  be annoying ;-) so I
think definitely this should be configurable :-)
Of course :-) I was looking at the stuff in cui for adding an option
somewhere, is that the correct place to be looking? Also I'm not sure
if the basic ide deserves its own entire category for options yet as I
think this is the first configurable thing about the basic ide.
I wasn't thinking about anything so grand, mostly I was thinking about maybe either adding a new checkbox under view or perhaps adding a 'toggle linenumbers' button to macro toolbar ( see view|toolbars|macros ) For a first cut/release I wouldn't even worry about persisting that option

The erratic behaviour of the vertical scrollbar [...]
This was my first reaction but I couldn't find anything on my first
pass through; I'll definitely take a deeper look.
see my previous response, there is a fix there for that

given the current state would you consider moving this to a feature branch
where perhaps others might be able to check it out and collaborate/help ?
Although I am not very familiar with vcl and/or ui stuff, I'd be happy to
try and help.
I'd love to but I'm not exactly sure how. Currently I have it as a local branch.

haha, yes, well not being much of a git guru myself I can't recall offhand what the command are for that, let me try and find out what they are and get back to you. Anyway, no problem with it being a local branch for the moment

thanks,
Noel