Hi there,

This is just to let you guys know that, I'll be gearing up to work on generic XML import and export in the next few weeks, and probably more. I mentioned this briefly in the blog I wrote yesterday:

http://kohei.us/2012/08/08/orcus-integration-into-libreoffice/

The plan is to do the implementation in the orcus library, and implement callbacks in LibreOffice proper.

The core of the feature involves enabling import and export of generic XML which relies on a separate schema file to define the structure of the content. I will set up a good amount of test harness for this in the orcus library in order to keep the amount of filter test low in the libreoffice build while maintaining a healthy amount of testing for this new filter.

The specifics of the feature, especially on the UI side, is yet to be decided, and for now, I will focus on the backend loading portion of the work.

All the best,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc