On 11/27/2012 12:08 AM, Mat M wrote:
Le Mon, 26 Nov 2012 09:56:26 +0100, Stephan Bergmann
<sberg...@redhat.com> a écrit:

Sorry, I forgot to announce that
<http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=7bf64a5af4088c0f6d4dbf7f493e94fa63e2a4b2>
"Turn PDF import from bundled extension to plain code" renamed the
configure switch --disable-ext-pdfimport to --disable-pdfimport.
Please adapt your autogen.lastrun files accordingly, esp. on any
tinderboxes.

Does the setting still have a meaning ? As a bundle extension, I
understand the need to potentially disable it, but as a default module...

Yeah, I was a bit unsure there indeed. I initially left the switch in because of the dependency of PDF Import on poppler, which in turn can be controlled by another configure switch. However, if you specify --without-system-poppler, an internal xpdf is used instead, so it should be possible to build PDF Import in any case.

But once I had pushed, Rene pointed out that having PDF Import in the root installset module is unfortunate for --with-system-poppler scenarios, as it forces a dependency on poppler onto the root module, even for people who would never use PDF Import. Thus, I promised to tweak things a little further, to put PDF Import into an (optional) installset module of its own. The existing conditional for PDF Import will nicely help in doing so, but once that is done we could indeed remove the --disable-pdfimport configure switch.

Unless Tor's BUILD_TYPE != DESKTOP work for Android and iOS would benefit from having xpdf/poppler/PDF Import still buildable conditionally?

Stephan