On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM, Alexandre Dulaunoy <a...@foo.be> wrote:

> On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Alexey Eromenko <al4...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm not aware of any Free Software Skype replacement. (that's why FSF
> > is calling to write one...)
>
> and what about http://jitsi.org/ Jitsi ?

As I mentioned in my original post, we tried Jitsi and could not get it to
work.
Jitsi is not the only one to try, there are several more: Ekiga, Empathy,
Yate, Psi, Twinkle, Pidgin, etc.
None of them uses a central registry and none of the ones we tried worked
with my Chinese teacher.

Of course, there can never be a free "Skype replacement" that also _uses
the Skype registry (and protocol), because the protocol is nonfree and
secret.
But as I'm sure you all guessed, by "Skype replacement", I simply mean a
method whereby I can easily (and for free) make a voice call to someone
over the Internet.