Hi

Good question.

Watching the BBC news, I get the impression, that while the regime is behind the invasion, the army follow orders. Many ordinary Russians DO NOT want this war. In addition there are probably many activists in Russia, who are against Putin and who may rely on free software to conduct business, communication etc (e.g at a guess gnupg)

Free software is about using software for what you want to use it for. Of course, we would hope people use it in a way that respects human rights and freedoms.

Just a thought.

Paul