Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 12:46:18 -0500
From: David VanHorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: H Re: the saga continues...

> >What I failed to
> >observe was that after the tip catalyst there's an exhaust vent which throws
> >out very hot gas...and while soldering the motherboard ram I managed to melt
> >a small section of the expansion ram socket.

Gas powered irons are a BAD idea for this sort of work.
Even without the problem he ran into, they are WAY too hot!

A 40W temperature controlled weller iron runs about $100. That is a lot
less than a ruined motherboard.

--

www.SpamWhack.com  A pre-emptive strike against spam
A tornado is a lady whose skirts you do NOT want to look up!