Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:55:40 -0500
From: "mda" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: Enhanced docking port

I have the pleasure of using enhanced port replicators at work and home for
my 50CT.  ...and had continuous problems with suspend, overheating, and
network hardware.  If i let the machine go into suspend, i had to log off
and on windows to re-establish network connections.  If i left the machine
on all the time, it overheated and i had the same problem (and more).  The
P120 was "overdriven" to 100Mhz and still overheated on a regular basis.
The motherboard eventually failed.

Not to make the same mistakes twice, i bought a replacement and am using a
different strategy.  My current machine is overdriven to 133Mhz.  I have
turned off suspend.  And i ALWAYS use one of those little PCMCIA fans.  The
Libretto has never overheated.  It runs as fast as i can expect.  And the
only inconvenience is that i don't use the suspend and rapid wakeup
capability.

I have heard all the warnings about the PCMCIA fans.  Mine does fit the slot
tightly, but is easy to use and doesn't seem to be threatening the well
being of my 50CT....in fact it's probably already saved its life.  I
recommend using them.

--mda