Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 10:42:12 +0100
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Anke Otto)
Subject: Re[2]: Libretto 70CT won't recognise Tosh 6.4GB HD - Help pl

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the tips -  I'll try and boot without disk from floppy and see how I
get on.

I have reinstated BIOS 6.4 and now the disk at least makes the right noises
during boot and the HD light goes on and off as expected. Will I still need the
BIOS 6.2 - do you know?

>Plus, have you removed the spacers in the case (or is this an 8.45mm disk)?

The disk I have is actually slimmer than the original and I think I might have
to add a spacer to stop the pins getting stressed.

>Last thing - is the disk fdisked/formatted? Do you have access to another

I believe the disk is fdisked and formated - probably to full capacity.

>machine to set up the disk before you shove it in the lib? A colleague has
>had to set the disk up in a 50 before a 70 would see it... If you

I don't have access to another Libretto, but have a Tosh T2110 as well, and
that doesn't want to see the disk either [sigh]

I am in the process of getting a 2.5" to 3.5" IDE adapter so I can check the
disk in my PC. I'll report back when it arrives.

>fdisk/format externally, don't forget to leave 40M or so at the end for the
>hibernation block.

Thanks I'll remember that. Haven't played with fdisk before so might need some
more help later.

>p.s. glad to see someone on the list living in the centre of all good things
>in the universe!

Its a tough live, but somebody has to do it! <g>

The Recipient of this message must verify with the Author that the
contents of this message are a correct and accurate version of the
Author's intended message. Until such time as the Recipient has
received verification from the Author, the contents of this message
do not represent any views, opinions, policy or procedure of
Leeds City Council.