Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 16:57:10 +0200
From: Paul Bristow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: H Re: keyboard thingy

Jim Sheafer wrote:

> paul.b >Us Britons call it a "Space Bar" - with a space. :-)  So, if you call a
> paul.b ># a pound sign, what do you call a £?
>
> Ummmm, that would be the Pound sign. Can't you hear the cap?

I can only make out the cap in accents from round the edge of the US.
I've never ventured into the middle.  According to Hollywood, really bad
scary things happen in there... :-{

Oh, except for New York accents.  They are just incomprehensible.  Are
they American Geordies?

--

Paul

Web:   http://paulbristow.net