Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:09:09
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: linux redhat 7 on a Libretto 50CT

>From: Christian Gennerat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>To: Libretto <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: linux redhat 7 on a Libretto 50CT
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 03:52:37 -0800
>
>Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:48:03 +0100
>From: Christian Gennerat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>Subject: Re: linux redhat 7 on a Libretto 50CT
>
>neil barnes a écrit :
>
> > Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:50:02
> > From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Subject: Re: linux redhat 7 on a Libretto 50CT
> >
> > Christan,
> >
> > I'm trying to upgrade from M6.1 to M7.1 using a hard disk image. This is
> > non-trivial task :( as it assumes you're using a floppy to boot from. My
> > next attempt will be to use a floppy image to start with but when I'm
>doing
> > it, I'm at home and the floppy is at work :)
> > I don't have a CD drive for the lib. Also, the windows M7.1 install also
> > crashes.
>
>if you want use a CD drive in your hotel room in Paris, tell me

Thanks, I'll bear it in mind. But I don't think I'm back in Paris till 8/9
January.

> > Interestingly, the M7.1 install uses an 800*600 graphics mode which
>doesn't
> > fit on the ct50 screen.
>
>You don't see all the screen, but all the buttons you have to click
>are in the upper-left 640*480
>

> > I'll try again soon...the help files indicate that the floppy offers a
>text
> > install which I'd *guess* will use less memory.
>
>I think that if you start without the memory extension (only 16 Mb)
>install will be forced in text mode.

Now that's a thought...

> > btw - can I claim a record? Five hours to compile QT2.2.2 from source...
>
>why? there is a binary package.

Apparently not for M6.1 :(
Of course, now it's installed, it turns out that my reference 'QT in 24Hrs'
doesn't quite work with 2.2.2 - it wants 2.0...and even the 'hello world'
demo doesn't work :(

Neil