Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 13:36:44 +0100
From: Kapusta Gerhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: AW: FUBAR 2 - L110 20Gb HDD / Win'2k question

Hi Steve!

Yes, I've successfully installed an IBM 20 GB disk and Win2k. It runs now
without problems and with all features of the Lib.

The only thing about my IBM disk is, that if I shake the disk, it seems that
there are some loose screws falling around inside the disk - but (as
diskussed here) this seems to be normal for IBM-disks (but it is hard to
imagine, what benefit loose parts in a HD might have...)

Depending on the partitioning, it might be possible to install Win2k, if the
content of the Win2k-CD already on the Disk, but it is very easy to lock
yourself out...

I also do not own a CD-ROM. By accident I've destroyed the content of the HD
- instead of removing the disk again I installed DOS and used Interlink to
transfer the Win2k-CD via a serial cable. It works, but you have to be
patient, best is to leave it run over the night. But without an own PC even
this method is difficult.

You have to know, how to partition the HD correct, to leave space for
hibernation at the right position. See my (and others) recent posts to this
list.

But if you do not own a PC with a LAN-Card, how do you want to install
additional Software? And how do you want to backup it?

regards
Gerhard

Gerhard Kapusta
SIEMENS AG Österreich