Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:59:04 -0500
From: "Lee A. Dickinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Help this fuul out

At 06:47 PM 2/20/01 -0800, you wrote:

>I also found that my 50CT interferes with the GPS unit.  I had the external
>antenna mounted on the inside of my windshield.  With the computer only a
>couple feet away, the signal strength from the satellites was reduced when the
>computer was on.  Sticking the antenna on the outside of my truck cured that
>problem.

Here's a different approach.  I bought this external combination
GPS/cellular antenna for my truck.  It is mounted on the roof and is
completely shielded from the computer's environment.  No worries in the car
wash or from vandals.  Works well and looks kind of geeky weird cool.

http://www.antennaplus.com/apmodels.html#Gpscell

best - Lee

   Lee A. Dickinson /  Colbert, Georgia, USA
  '92 R100RT "El Ladero Valdez" http://members.home.net/r100rt/index.html

    | Airhead 3480 | BMWMOA 80364 | AMA 635159 | K4LAD | NRA | AIChE | ad
nauseum

   "Was mich nicht tötet, macht mich Stärker!" - Friedrich Nietzsche