Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:02:57 -0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>From: "Pres Waterman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > Seems that if those last two lines could read:

> > mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=cmd:unsubscribedigest
> >
> > ... it would save a lot of people a bunch of extra steps.  Anyway of
>getting
> > that changed?
>

>That would be wrong. It needs the space for the digest to be unsubscribed.
>Not 2 spaces, and not DIGEST as some have tried.

Hey Pres...

Oops... I must have subscribed and unsubscribed a dozed times in the past
few years... don't know how I messed that one up!

>I'd love it if people would click on that link as opposed to trying various
>ways of spelling and formatting it manually.

How about something that says "Click Here to subscribe to the digest:"  And
the same for unsubscribing.  Also, having an example of just how the subject
line should look, "cmd:unsubscribe" instead of that whole string:

...which I can see can be quite confusing to a lot of people.

The subject, "cmd:unsubscribe digest" should also be spelled out clearly as
what should be entered in the subect field for those who are always having
problems with that.  The question mark (?) between the email address, and
the word "subject" is confusing.  And the equal sign between the words
"subject" and the text that is supposed to be entered in the subject field,
"cmd:unsubscribe", is confusing.

Then too, a lot of people don't recognize what "mailto" means.  It may sound
obvious, but it's really an HTML authoring term that is being used as a kind
of a computer tech's contraction for what is being described.

Wouldn't hurt to spell things out a bit more clearly.

Matt