Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 19:02:14 -0500 (EST)
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Lib 100ct problems -- Mouse erratic while playing sound on  &  CDROM freezes
computer

Hi -- I just got a Libretto 100ct off of Ebay, and it's a great little machine... much
faster than I was expecting.

I upgraded my bios to 8.0.  I installed Windows 2000 (SR1) by using a 2.5 to 3.5 IDE
converter to place an IBM 20GB drive in my desktop machine, and copied the entire
setup CD onto the hard drive before putting it back in the Libretto.  I have not
overclocked it yet.

I'm now having two problems that I can't find any information on in the archives or on
the web:

(1) The mouse movement is erratic when I'm playing sound.
Regardless of application (Winamp, Microsoft's sound Recorder, or Bookshelf 2000),
when sound is playing the mouse becomes erratic (when moved, it tends to jump to the
edges of the screen and act like the buttons are clicked randomly).  I've tried
changing the sound card IRQ, and playing with the BIOS settings, but nothing seems to
help.  Has anyone else seen this?

(2) I can't get the pcmcia CDROM to work -- computer hangs.
When I first installing Win2k, I had the CDROM hooked up, and it worked fine just
after the install.  But now, whenever I plug in the CDROM, I get a dialog saying
"Found New Hardware", "PCMCIA MTD-0002", and then the "Found New Hardware Wizard"
appears and after a few seconds, my computer hangs (freezes, no mouse response).  My
pcmcia CDROM has no brand name, but is model "SCD-540".  Should I just get another
CDROM?

If any of you 100ct users out there have any advice for me, I'd very much appreciate
it!!!  If I find any solutions that work for me, I'll post them here.

-- Geoff