Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 20:06:22
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: new libretto and already in trouble :)

> > Ah, thats tricky. So I can't copy all debian's driver disks and load
>them to see if it'll enable it? I have to use the drivers that were
>part of the default install?
> >
> > thanks :)
> > --lucy
> >

>Ok, If you have all of debian's driver disks on 3.5'' floppies, (or
>already on the harddrive) then that should work, you'll only run into
>problems if you need something off the CD rom. I was under the
>impression that you had tried to load debian and more or less failed
>part way through it, and then try to reload windows and failed half
>way through that also. Thus leaving you with a more or less unusable
>hard drive needing reformatting. And a cd rom not working with
>anything any more.
>
>David Hettel

This might still not work - I think you'll need to format the hard drive to
at least DOS (fdisk a partition big enough for all the disks)and then copy
the install floppies to there, run the install from dos/loadlin. You'll
probably have problems otherwise wih the system not seeing the floppy after
linux starts up in the installation...

Um, I wonder if one of the tiny linux installations like mulinux might be
useful?

Neil