Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 22:10:17 +0200
From: "Alexandre Kaoukhov" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: DVD question

I have tested grabbing vob files. It did work but the problem is that Margi
player somehow refused using hardware decompression while playing from HD.
Thus, I just got about 5-10 fps - the same as PowerDVD.

There should be some DVD emulators available. Do not know if this would
allow to cheat Margi player. I will give it a try when I get some time.
Another option is to convert DVD to VCD and then emulate VCD. Margi specs
say that it plays VCDs.

I have never tried DIVx but I wonder how it could be possible to play them
even on overclocked Libretto. Even if it works, how about thermal shutdowns?

Anyway, unless you download films from the net it should take more than
overnight to convert DVD to DIVx. The same is true for VCDs.

Alexandre