Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Iomega Pocket Zip drives & Wireless ethernet

>       I personally would love to have one of those 10Mbs 16-bit Integrated
> PC Card. Would one work with a 70ct? What about compatibility?

Yes, it should as long as it is not a  32-bit Cardbus PCMCIA card (ie. doens't
require a 32-bit PCMCIA Slot which the L70 doesn't have, only a 16-bit standard
PCMCIA slot).

But just about any 10Mbs Ethernet (I'm assuming you're talking about one), goes
for <$30 - eg. a Dlink or Linksys PCMCIA card (www.shopper.com for pricing).
These work great here at work and install w/o a hitch.

Naturally, not as 'nice' as the all-in-one Xjack models from 3COM, but quite
useable despite the dongle.  (the 3Com older NICs are going cheap on Ebay as
well).

That or you do the smart thing and get on 3COM's mailing list for corporate
users - often, they'll do silly things like sending you two all-in-one
NIC/Modem cards for free. ;) (I'm not saying anything) just to test them out.