Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 09:07:11 +0200
From: Kapusta Gerhard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: AW: HDD Replacement

Hi Andy!

> Does anyone know if the IBM Travelstar 32HG (DJSA-232) would
> work ok in a
> 110? It's not on Davids list!

As far as i know, this is a HDD with 12mm heigth. For 100/110CTs the maximum
height is 9.5mm. Currently the biggest HDD for a Lib is the Toshiba 30GB.

> Does a Win 2k install then sort out all the BIOS and
> hibernation issues, or
> do I have to do any of the partitioning stuff???

Win2K is capeable to handle large disks, but YOU have to sort out all the
stuff with partitioninig and YOU have to tell Win2K what to do!

See the attachment to my posting with the subject "AW: Win 2K and sound
problems" from wednesday (I agreee, the subject is not very helpful ;-))),
where I explain how to partition a large HDD!

regards
Gerhard

Gerhard Kapusta

Email home:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]