Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:23:51 +0000
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi All,

I have recently acquired a secondhand Libretto 110CT. The original HDD was not working
so I have replaced it.  The machine has been working fine for a week or so since then,
as I have played about with installing an OS.

Yesterday I installed Win95 and was in the middle of upgrading drivers when the Lib
shut down of its own accord.  It wouldn't restart immediately, so I left it for an
hour or so to cool down, suspecting that it might have overheated (it had been on AC
power for a couple of hours  and was quite warm to the touch). After this it restarted
OK, but then shut down after a few minutes.  This happened a couple of times, and now
it won't start at all.

The green power LED is on, and the battery charges, so the AC adaptor seems OK.  I
have tried turning on with backspace held down, and I left it unplugged and with the
battery removed overnight, but still no luck this morning.

Anyone have any ideas about what I could try next? Or alternatively recommend a
repairer in the UK (do Toshiba still repair these?)

TIA

Tim