Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:22:07 -0500
From: "Paul Wright" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Networking a 70CT

Well, I finally managed to get one (two actually, came as a kit) of the
parallel port Anypoint HomePNA network adapters off of Ebay.  Snipers kept
picking off the bids from me for quite a while.  Anyhow, I got'em, loaded up
the software (Intel was nice enough to include a function on the CD to make
diskettes) and `ping!' there it was.  This is the old 1 MBPS standard rather
than the 10 MBPS of the rest of the units but it will server the purpose of
file coordination that I wanted.

The physical form factor of the adapters was obviously meant for a desktop
unit.  The plastic tower is nearly as large as the 70 in its docking
station.  When popped out of the plastic case, it is a reasonable sized
rectangular piece.  I hope to be able to remount it into something that will
become just another layer under the dock and make it a little more portable.
It will never be as nice as wireless but at least it could be moved with one
hand trailing some phone cord.

Anyhow, I'm pleased.