Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2001 21:43:29 +0800
From: Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 20 Gig HD Questions

Speaking of which ...

>I am running Windows 93 Second Edition
Hmm ... seems a little old for big hard drive support ;-)

>Under DOS, I can see 8 gig, and under Windows, I can see 20 gig.
Thats because Windows does do some funky things with hard drives. For instance, even
if you tell your BIOS that say your primary slave drive doesn't exist (when it does),
Windows will actually still be able to read it but DOS won't. If you only run in
Windows you can probably get away with it. In fact you can use this trick to force the
first partition on your second IDE drive (on your desktop of course) to come AFTER all
the partitions on your first IDE drive (because Windows seems to mount the second
drive after its already assigned all the drive letters for the first).

>Partition magic can see the 20gig under windows, but on 8gig  under DOS...
Ya ditto for PM about doing funky things to hard drives.

- Raymond