Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 12:11:34 -0700 (PDT)
From: David Chien <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: 20 Gig HD Questions

> I just got a 20 Gig hard drive for my Lib 110ct.  I have ACPI BIOS 8.10, the
> hard drive mode is set to Enhanced IDE (Normal).
> What is the recommendation for seeing 20 gig under DOS?

  Ontrack DiskGo, or if you bought an IBM HD, IBM Disk Manager for free.

  Unfortunately, some OSs can't see more than 8GB and as a result, you'll need
to use a disk manager program on your HD.  OSs like Windows 2K and Linux will
see all 20GB w/o any problems because they're designed for >8GB HDs.  But
still, regardless of OS, you must be careful to leave an empty space around the
hibernation area (under Linux and Win2K, that's still at the 8GB BIOS boundary
according to users who have tested to find out where this is).  As a result,
you'll need two partitions, one before the 8GB, one after, empty space of about
100-150MB between, in order to prevent your data from being overwritten during
hibernation to disk.

  My site and FAQ has a little more information on this, as will the Libretto
Mailing List archives.

  d =)

=====
adorable toshiba libretto
The latest news and information for the Toshiba Libretto owner.
http://www.silverace.com/libretto/

http://phone.yahoo.com