Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 21:19:45 +0000
From: "Matthew Hanson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Best VFM drive for my 50CT please?

>Date: Sat, 02 Mar 2002 17:02:03 +0800
>From: Raymond <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >>
> >>If you remove the plastic sheet on the bottom and the spacers you should
>be fine. You'll definitely be fine if the hard drive is loose enough for a
>drop fit.<< <
> >
> >Neil.. As I recall, you wrote that this large, dark, mylar-like sheet of
>plastic should be re-fastened after removing the blue adhesive and clear
>plastic spacers... No?< <
>
>I put it back simply because I couldn't be bothered removing the adhesive
>and I didn't want the hdd sticking to the case ... I'll probably remove it
>in my L100 because its getting too hot so it seems like better conduction
>through to the base would be useful ...<

Wasn't it you, or was it someone else who has expressed concern about the
exposed circuit board having the possibilty of shorting out against the
exposed metal surface left after removing that plastic sheet?  That turned
out to be the reason I decided to re-fasten mine even before Neil suggested
it.

Matt