Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:20:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Kevin McClelland" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] Touchscreen Kits

Not sure how simple or cost effective such a procedure
would be. The 1100 is a very rare find in the US, the
vast majority of Libretto owners over here are
L50/70/100/110 users. I would assume custom drivers
would have to be developed for each Libretto series,
and for all the different OS we use. I do not even know
if it is feasible to get it working onto the
motherboard. If the cost was low, I might be tempted,
but I fear it will probably be just as much if not more
than the Libretto itself. I personally can live with
the Lib mouse, and I might be more tempted to perform
Dr. Xin's PS2 port modification and get one of those
Atek optical sub portable mice. Looks like a pretty
cool combination.

One more thing - I have messed around with an external
touchpad, and overall I like it, but I cannot get it to
cooperate under Win2k. It is the only thing that I have
used that can actually crash Win2k on my L100. If I can
ever get it configured to work reliably, it might be
another viable option.

On Wed, 10 April 2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
wrote

> Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 12:48 +0000
> From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [LIB] Touchscreen Kits
>
> Hi all,
>
> who has other valuable ideas to solve the problem of
missing information?

> Maybe, someone in the Libretto community has a
Libretto out of order to send to EZSCREEN, that they
can examine it in principle. I have not a Libretto 1100
yet, but I have good contacts to Korea; maybe I can get
one.

http://home.datacomm.ch/psumesgutner/libretto/en/mod_1100_c.htm:
> |Some technical data of the Toshiba Libretto FF1100:
> |[...]
> |Screen               TFT
> |Pixel size   0.19 x 0.19 mm
> |Screen size  7.1"
> |Visible area 153.6 x 93 mm
> |
> |I do not have the exact maximum outside dimensions
of the touchsensor that can fit within a Libretto,
because Librettos do not have touchscreens.

> |For the same reason, I can not tell you where the
sensor tail is located on the touchscreen, its
> |length, width and contact configuration including
the pinout specs.

> |Is it possible to send you a Libretto ff1100 aka
1100, that you can examine, what you can do?
> |If YES, then we should come to an agreement about
the conditions of:

> |A. Receiving a Libretto 1100, examining it and
sending it back, if an implementation of a touchscreen
kit is impossible.

> |B1. Receiving a Libretto 1100, examining it
> |B2. proposing, what can be done, if an
implementation is possible, even with some changes,
> |... waiting for confirmation by owner
> |B3. installing the touchscreen kit and sending the
Libretto back to sender.

> |I post your emails in the Libretto Mailing List and
will ask people in the Libretto community, what else
can be done.
> |I will ask Toshiba for further specifications.
> |
> |I assume, that people with other Librettos like 50,
70, 100, 110, 1010, 1050 are interested.

> |I am excited to hear from you.
> |

> |Kind regards
> |Bernhard
> |
> |Bernhard H. Schmitz
> |Organisation Counsellor
> |Buchenstr. 3
> |65933 Frankfurt/Main
> |Germany
> |
> |------Originalnachricht-----
> |Von:         "sales" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> |
> |An:          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> |Betreff:             Re: 7.1'' Touchscreen Kits
> |Datum:       Dienstag, 9. April 2002 23:11
> |
> |Dear Mr. Schmitz,
> |
> |We have manufactured touchscreens for several PDAs.
> |
> |A touchscreen cannot simply be cut-down, however, we
can manufacture to any
> |size.
> |
> |To do this we need to know the exact maximum outside
dimensions of the
> |touchsensor that can fit within the Libretto. You
may get this dimension
> |from the previous touchscreen.
> |
> |We also require where the sensor tail is located on
the touchscreen, its
> |length, width and contact configuration including
the pinout specs.

> |Please also specify the exact dimensions of the
viewable display.

> |Thanks,
> |Steve
> |Steve Kroll
> |ezscreen div. of intech bearing inc.
> |1999 tellepsen st.
> |houston, tx usa 77023
> |
> |ph: 713.926.1186
> |toll-free ph.: 888-TouchEZ (888.868.2439)
> |fax: 713.926.3110
> |www.ezscreen.com

> |Reply to any of the list messages. The reply mail
should be
> |addressed to: [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Then replace
any text
> |on the message's subject line: cmd:unsubscribe
> |              --------TO UNSUBSCRIBE DIGEST------
> |Do above but with this on subject line:
cmd:unsubscribe digest