Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 20:47:22 -0500
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [LIB] display brightness

The LCD is using a diffuser. Has anyone tried replacing it with a
thin film diffuser to add brightness? M&M claimed 65% gain in
brightness but the diffuser is probably cutting at least 40% of the
light from the backlight. Thin films let almost all the light through.
Plus adding the brightness films should really make it bright. Also
has anyone tried making the screen a transflective one and adding
a switch to shut off the backlight in full sunlight? I know some pdas
use reflective color screens to do this and they are very visible in
full sunlight. I have some transflective films used for mono displays.
Will they affect the color? As you can tell I know little about color
lcds but would love to be able to use the libretto in full sunlight.
Any advice is welcome. Plus if I can shut off the backlight I can
really save power- these FL really suck down the juice!!!