Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 12:27:06 -0500
From: "John Musielewicz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [LIB] display brightness

----- Original Message -----
From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Libretto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2002 1:07 PM

> Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 18:03:31 +0000
> From: "neil barnes" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: [LIB] display brightness
>

> >Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:55:20 -0500
> >From: "John Musielewicz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >Subject: Re: [LIB] display brightness
>

> >I need to mess with the lcd. I modified a reflective lcd to add a
backlight
> >and I have plenty of parts left over. If something is broken or dies just
> >buy a new one!!!! No need for third party warentees :)
> >
> >John
>
> If you have a cheap source for LCD panels there are lots of people who'd
> probably be interested :)

I already posted a link to a source of cheap lcd displays for the 50-110.
About as cheap as a color tft lcd gets.

> OTOH, the flourescent is *very* tightly bound - it's screwed and glued and
> taped and generally very cuddled up to the screen :-)

But it does come apart. A little fingernail polish remover or windex works
well to loosen glue. Do you know the address of the dimmer for the
backlight? Is it possible to completely shut it off? Is there any kind of
sdk availible for the libretto series?

> Neil

John